This is to inform you formally that the Ecosystems Research and Development Bureau (ERDB) of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) will be holding a R & D Congress on Sustainable Urbanization in the Course of ASEAN Economic Integration (2017 Sustainable Urbanization Congress). The Congress will be held on June 26-30, 2017 in Manila City, Philippines. The main purpose of the Congress is to identify and integrate strategies on dynamic ASEAN economic integration vis-à-vis sustainable urbanization. The Congress will serve as a venue for the exchange of information and research outputs on sustainable urbanization in the course of ASEAN Economic Integration.
In this regard, may we request your kind assistance in identifying possible participants / paper and poster presenters for the said Congress on the following topics:
- ASEAN Economic Community and Urban Metabolism for Inclusive Growth
- Green growth and economic boom
- Addressing urban poverty through economic development
- Transboundary environment issues in AEC
- Environment Protection Amidst Industrialization for Sustainable Cities
- Solid waste and waste water management
- Urban biodiversity and urban parks
- Green technology for resilient cities
- GHG inventory in industrial and commercial areas
- Human Settlement and Rapid Urbanization in ASEAN Megacities
- Health and sanitation in livable cities
- Urban migration and population growth
- Urban land use changes
- Impacts of Flow of Goods and Services
- Transportation, trade and tourism
- Human resources development
- Investments and enterprise development
We have attached the copies of the call for papers for your reference.
It will be appreciated if you can help us disseminate the information to other researchers and individuals who may have current studies on sustainable urbanization relative to ASEAN economic integration.
Please take note that ORAL PRESENTERS are entitled to a full scholarship, i.e., free airfare, accommodation, meals and entrance fees to field trips. For POSTER PRESENTERS, only airfare shall not be covered by theOrganizer.